ungingered...Z
I don't know. As simply put those 3 words are running my days and I need to stop wallowing, need to stop missing, need to stop wishing for a life that a full stop was placed.
Everyone loves Istanbul. Me currently I don't understand how I feel, I am totally foreign in a foreign land who understands zero. And yet all I hear is wow Istanbul, you so lucky
I am grateful. I make so much shukr for this opportunity but I am struggling
I can't do fone calls without tears and my evasive answers doesn't sit well with many but I can't stomach anything right now
My consolation... Once I start work. I never understood the concept of running until Istanbul. I couldn't go back to once I called home for almost 8 years... And if u know anything about me you would know I loved Brunei like I was born there, for the first time I belonged, for the first time the roots I sowed were strong - from my colleagues at school who became family to my friends who were my family and my son and my new daughter. It was my hardest goodbye and as I sit here, ugly streaming tears, I know I need a mind shift.
Tell me how.
Everything is different
Nothing is the same
For the first time in almost 30 years I am alone.
This decision was made out of necessity not choice
I had to think carefully about my future and this was the best for me
My apartment is beautiful but it isn't my home as yet
My school is amazing.... We start work on the 1st Sept and everyone says days for exploring...
Istabul has 8million ppl. I think I have ADHD.
Friends tried to get me excited and it annoyed me and they felt my wrath
But everyday I wake up with a brand new resolve of its going to be a better day... There will be no tears... I will be happy
I'm waiting... Till tomorrow.

Reading this made me cry. 😠my heart is broken for you but I know you are strong and you will find ur feet and soon you will be able to call it home ,in sha Allah.
ReplyDeleteTill tomorrow....
ReplyDeleteI didn’t your wrath 😅 But aww your words about Brunei 🇧🇳 made me tear up inside 😠🫂💜🪷 Insha Allah, Zohra… one step at a time… God has placed you there for a reason… someday it’ll make sense, I hope… 💜🪷 With love
ReplyDeleteAlhamdulillah. You are brave and have analyzed how you feel to the point. You are not in denial. So InShaAllah You will feel and enjoy your new environment once your start teaching . Being a people orientated person you will enjoy interacting with your colleagues. May Allah SubhaanAllah Grant You Complete Ease. Ameen
ReplyDeleteForced upon change is difficult to accept, to adjust to especially when life goals and plans were slammed like a door that is closed shut. And...its a long journey learning to live with your own company. Only the brave and courageous can take that on.... the starting all over again and rebuilding frim.scratch so rejoice in that knowledge. And the doors that have closed behind you...know that when you accept a decree, unforeseen as it was, the most amazing doors are awaiting yet to open. I speak from experience. It doesn't mean the tears will stop. It doesn't mean the hurt will pass but nothing happens as a result of coincidence so there is better yet to come!
ReplyDeleteOh my friend ❤️ You don’t have to love Istanbul yet, and you don’t have to force yourself to be happy. You didn’t just leave a country. You left Dawood, a home, a life and people you loved deeply. You can make shukr for this new opportunity and still grieve what you left behind. Both can exist together. Give yourself time. Don’t demand that tomorrow be better; just take it one day at a time. Brunei took years to become home and Istanbul deserves the chance to become yours too. And until then, cry, miss, remember… I’m here, holding space for you through all of it. ❤️
ReplyDeleteAllah is in control....breathe....you got this.....
ReplyDeleteAllow yourself to feel whatever it is that you feel …inshallah soon , happy ones will overcome the sad ones . Just know that there are people who are always making dua for you and wishing the best for you . ♥️… always
ReplyDeleteDear Zohra ❤️
ReplyDeleteIt is really hard to put into words how much your presence has meant to me during your time in Brunei. You came here as a CFBT teacher, but along the way, you became so much more than that. You became a friend, a trusted colleague, and most importantly, someone we could consider family.
Thank you, Zohra, for all your hard work, dedication and commitment. Thank you for always being so cooperative, supportive and willing to work together. But what I will remember most about you is your easy-going, kind and cheerful personality. You have always made it so easy and comfortable for everyone around you to work with you and be themselves.
Your contribution has truly made a difference, and I am personally very grateful for every moment, every conversation, every laugh and every experience we have shared. ❤️
Now, as you leave Brunei for good and begin a new chapter in Istanbul, I want you to know that although you are going far away, the memories and friendships you have built here will always remain close to my hearts.
I am so happy and proud to see you taking this brave step towards a new career and a new adventure. May Istanbul welcome you with open arms, and may this new journey bring you success, happiness, good health, beautiful experiences and wonderful people along the way.
Distance may separate us geographically, but it will never erase the friendship and bond we have created.
Thank you for being you, Zohra. Thank you for being part of our lives and for becoming part of Brunei family.
I will definitely miss your laughter, your kindness, your easy-going nature and simply having you around. 🥹❤️
Wishing you nothing but the very best in Istanbul. 🇹🇷❤️
Fly high, dear friend, and make beautiful memories wherever life takes you.
You are strong amazing
ReplyDeleteYou can dooooo
You can do it..
ReplyDeleteLife and plans is Allah's domain. He knows what we need and where we are needed. The plan is in place and awareness will come. Remember all things are replaced by better things. Oh...it doesn't mean it will be easy so as humans we cry and feel the pain. Experience it your way...I for one know that you will make it work.
ReplyDelete